- 7” anti-glare capacitive touch screen
- Audio, video and Bluetooth® feature set
- Two-finger swipe user interface
- Works with Apple CarPlay®
- Works with Android Auto™ and the Google Assistant
- SiriusXM-Ready™ (SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit sold separately; SiriusXM® subscription required)
- Works with Pandora® Music for iPhone® and Android™ phones
- Rear camera input (camera sold separately)
- FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC/HE-AAC music playback via USB
- Compatible with the KTA-450 Power Pack Amplifier (sold separately) via PowerStack installation
- The iLX-W650 used with the KTA-450 is a 2019 CES Innovation Awards Winner
- Compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- USB port accommodates various devices and thumb drivesxternal microphone included
- Built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS/40 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
SIMPLE TO USE
JUST THE TECHNOLOGY YOU NEED
The iLX-W650 “Works with Apple CarPlay” and lets iPhone users make and receive calls, access text messages, play music, and get directions in a way that allows them to stay focused on the road. Apple CarPlay is accessed through the capacitive touch screen or the mic button to activate Siri voice control and is compatible with iPhone 5 and later (iPhone must be connected via Apple lightning cable).
The iLX-W650 includes Android Auto and works with the Google Assistant (requires both a USB cable and Bluetooth® connection; requires an Android™ phone running 5.0 [Lollipop] or higher and the Android Auto app). To access the Google Assistant on Android Auto, say “OK Google” or select the mic button. Google Assistant in Android Auto allows users to play their favorite music, get driving directions to their destination, interact with smart home devices and reply to text messages – hands free.
The iLX-W650’s shallow chassis is only 2.4” deep, so it fits into vehicles that don’t have a lot of depth behind the dashboard. This shallow design makes the iLX-W650 a perfect complement with the KTA-450 Power Pack Amplifier (sold separately). The amplifier measures just 7” W x 3.5” H x 1.25” D and fits in the open space behind the iLX-W650 using the included bracket, creating the PowerStack design. The total combined depth of the iLX-W650, KTA-450, and mounting bracket is still less than the depth of a standard 2-DIN chassis. The KTA-450 features Alpine’s exclusive amplifier technology, Dynamic Peak Power (DPP), which produces 400-watts DPP without the bulk and hassle of a traditional amplifier.