Holly Hill, FL – May 11, 2021 – Metra Electronics®, the leading manufacturer of aftermarket automotive solutions, is now shipping a new dash kit for 2016-2021 Honda Civic models (excluding the LX).
The new 99-7821B TurboTouch® dash kit has a built-in 4.3-inch touchscreen and integrated electronics to retain most of the features normally lost when replacing the factory radio. The color touchscreen and hard buttons are located below the head unit and the screen shows climate and personalization settings, adding a high-tech look and feel to the dashboard. The backlit hard buttons can be customized with 250 different color options.
Metra’s newest dash kit fits either a Single-DIN or Double-DIN radio provision and makes stereo installation easier for Honda Civic upgrades. It comes with several of the items installers need to help retain safety and convenience features and is Micro “B” USB updatable. The included wiring harness and interface allow the OE Honda LaneWatch™ camera to keep working, ensures that the factory backup camera will work on the new screen, and retains the use of the audio control buttons on the steering wheel.
An antenna adapter is also included to allow AM/FM radio stations to work on the aftermarket radio. If the vehicle has a factory amplifier that needs to be retained, the Axxess AXSP-HN, sold separately, should be purchased. (To know whether or not this applies to the vehicle, installers can check to see if it has the factory subwoofer or center channel speakers.)
The 99-7821B dash kit is painted scratch-resistant matte black to match the original look and feel of the vehicle’s dashboard and is in stock now. A video with installation tips that also shows the touchscreen functionality can be seen here.
99-7821B Product Specifications
- Fits 2016-2021 Honda Civic models (excluding LX)
- Stereo installation kit designed to fit a Single-DIN (with pocket) or Double-DIN aftermarket radio
- Integrated 4.3” touchscreen and buttons retain and control most climate and vehicle customization functions normally lost when removing the factory radio
- 8 backlit hard buttons that can be customized with 250 different color options
- Retains audio controls on the steering wheel
- Retains factory backup camera and Honda LaneWatch™ camera
- Axxess wiring harness and interface included
- Antenna adapter is included
- Provides accessory power (12volt 10-amp)
- Provides NAV outputs (parking brake, reverse, speed sense)
- Micro “B” USB updatable
- Painted scratch-resistant matte black
- Made from the highest quality ABS plastic for an original factory-like fit and finish
- Includes brackets and hardware parts needed with detailed installation instructions
- A tech support number is available for installation help 7 days a week Visit MetraOnline.com for additional details and technical information.
About Metra Electronics®
At Metra, 12volt installation and integration is our passion. We strive to continuously offer the highest quality products to meet the fluctuating technological challenges of the automotive world. We actively listen to our customers’ requests and invest resources in developing the highest quality dash kit and harness solutions.
We make dash kits for more vehicle applications than anyone else in the world. That’s why we’ve been known as “The Installer’s Choice” ® for more than 75+ years.
Our other brands include: Axxess®, T-SPEC®, The Install Bay®, Heise LED Lighting Systems®, iBEAM Vehicle Safety Systems®, Shuriken High Performance Batteries®, Raptor®, Ballistic®, AmmoTenna®, Metra PowerSports®, Saddle Tramp®, Metra Marine® and Daytona Lights®. Metra’s expertise in connectivity solutions is also applied to its division of premium AV and surveillance products from MetraAV™.
For ordering information and pricing, visit Metra Electronics online or call 386-257-2956.