Holly Hill, Fla. – September 24, 2021 – Metra Electronics® is now shipping a new dual battery kit and battery busbar kit from its Metra PowerSports® product line.
These kits help installers adding a second battery on a UTV to manage the power distribution of additional equipment, lighting, or audio accessories, without draining the primary starting battery. These two new products complement Metra’s popular AGM powersports batteries from its Shuriken® brand.
The MPS-DUALBTKIT is a dual battery kit compatible with multiple types of off-road vehicles, used to add a second battery to a UTV or ATV. Its 80-amp smart battery isolator will automatically charge the battery to protect it from being drained. It includes a dual battery voltage meter, LED indicator, and Carling®-style knockout for the dashboard. To complete the installation, 2 feet of red and black 6 AWG power wire with 5/16-inch ring terminals are included, along with zip-ties, accessory wires, and mounting hardware. The powersports AGM battery is sold separately but also available through Metra’s Shuriken line.
MPS-DUALBTKIT Product Specifications
- Complete kit for installing a second powersports battery
- Compatible with multiple types of off-road vehicles
- Smart battery isolator charges automatically to protect the battery
- ○ 80-amp smart battery isolator
- ○ Dual battery voltage meter, LED indicator, Carling®-style knockout
- ○ 24″ red and black 6 AWG power wire with 5/16″ ring terminals
- ○ Universal battery strap
- ○ Zip-ties, accessory wires, and mounting hardware
For power distribution, the MPS-BUSBARKIT is a 4-post mountable battery busbar kit designed for UTVs or ATVs. Power and ground wiring are included with protective sleeving, specialized zip-ties, terminal covers, a 200-amp 6 AWG inline circuit breaker, and 9 feet of red and black 6 AWG oxygen-free tinned copper wire. This system is used to distribute power to aftermarket equipment, lighting, or audio accessories from the battery, and is designed for the demands of harsh environments.
MPS-BUSBARKIT Product Specifications:
- Power distribution busbar for UTVs or ATVs
- 4-stud mountable busbar
- Oxygen-free tinned copper power wire
- ○ 200-amp 6 AWG inline circuit breaker
- ○ 9’ red and black 6 AWG UL1426 power and ground wiring
- ○ Protective wire sleeving, positive terminal cover, and specialized zip-ties
About Metra Electronics®
At Metra, 12volt installation and integration is our passion. We strive to continuously offer the highest quality products to meet the fluctuating technological challenges of the automotive world. We actively listen to our customers’ requests and invest resources in developing the highest quality dash kit and harness solutions.
We make dash kits for more vehicle applications than anyone else in the world. That’s why we’ve been known as “The Installer’s Choice” ® for more than 75 years. Our other brands include: Axxess®, T-SPEC®, The Install Bay®, Heise LED Lighting Systems®, iBEAM Vehicle Safety Systems®, Shuriken High Performance Batteries®, Raptor®, Ballistic®, AmmoTenna®, Metra PowerSports®, Saddle Tramp®, Metra Marine® and Daytona Lights®. Metra’s expertise in connectivity solutions is also applied to its division of premium AV and surveillance products from MetraAV™.
For ordering information and pricing, visit Metra Electronics online at MetraOnline.com or call 386-257-2956.